BE A SUPERHERO
Strategy type (tool, event, training course, etc.)
Scope of the practice (local, national, international level)
When did it start/end?
11 Oct 2020 / 3 Nov 2021
Red Dot Foundation
City and country
1. Describe your project briefly
With the Consulate General of Sweden in Mumbai, Red Dot Foundation hosted a campaign to celebrate the girl child on the occasion of the International Day of the Gril Child. We invited girls below the age of 18 years to submit their stories of courage and change to break gender stereotypes and barriers. They could do so in the form of a blog post, art, video, poem, song or picture.
2. What were the aim of the project?
Collect stories of change and courage. Show girls that they can be who they wish to be and anything is possible. They should not be boxed in by stereotypes and other restrictive socio-cultural norms.
3. Who was involved in designing process?
The teams at Red Dot Foundation and the Consulate General of Sweden in Mumbai.
4. If you could change something, what would you change?
Encourage more girls to share stories.
5. How do the project impact on civil society? It was well received especially by parents. This is a topic that is not often spoken about or actively thought of. These campaigns spark discussions and dialogue.
6. How do you evaluate the project’s impact?
The number of entries and the quality of entries.